Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
That's pretty cool and $350 is only slightly disturbed and not totally insane. But be careful, the iOS app hasn't been updated in 3 years — Apple's Bluetooth handling definitely changed in that timeframe so that lack of update may mean it's abandoned. However, just downloaded and tried it and it seems to work and detects all the other Bluetooth devices around me, so maybe ok.

I've now scanned through the entire website and watched all the videos. I have to say, as an engineer, that at least mechanically, this appears to be a very well engineered product, not the fly-by-night hobby hacks you tend to see for stuff like this. I am tempted to try this just to support good engineering for a change, as crazy an overkill as this is (but they don't ship to Canada).

Seems like it would also be cool to attach some Frikin Lasers™ to that in addition to the plate.
Interesting concept! So, it retracts when not driving? Extends when approached by the constable? I can see where it avoids having to drill the bumper, but not how it precludes having a front plate displayed if your state requires it....
Appreciate 0