View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #112
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
My solution. I've been using this method for my last 4 BMW's and none of them flew off even traveling triple digit speeds (in mexico )

I put two vertical strips of the dual lock tape right next to each other on the side of the plate. Wind pushes the plate into the velcro so its not going anywhere. I use this method on my previous F10, F15, F85, F80 without any issues.

My thoughts are nobody is going around stealing license plates. If they were it doesn't matter how you attach it because you can rip the whole mount off the car in seconds if they wanted to.

The plate looks like its floating and the metal plate does not touch the bumper at all. It also does not impact the sensor below it if you install it like I did all the way up just before the raised edge

Get two packs of this and you are set. Make sure you clean the area to remove any wax/residue, then heat up the tape before applying it to the bumper and to the plate. I would let it sit for a few hours before actually attaching the plate to the car allowing the adhesive to cure. It comes in clear or black. Black is great because you can easily remove the front plate for photos and the black tape sorta blends right into that area of the bumper which you can edit out easily if needed. I for one can't stand off center plates or crooked danging plates with zip ties. Best part is that its all reversible without leaving any marks.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting... how does the paint handle it when it comes time to remove the velcro on the car side?
Appreciate 0