Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
If I back into a space and put my car in drive to leave I do not want my forward camera on. I have my eyes, the front of the car is highly visable. If I back out of a spot and then put the car into drive, same is true. I don't need the camera on in that instance.
So you can see short objects (say curbs) nears your wheels well below any possible site line from your driving position? Impressive. Can you share you seat adjustments to make that happen.
That's my point. Most of the time those are not obstacles for me and when they are I use the parking cameras. If I'm backing out of a parking spot and then pulling forward I'm not concerned with what's in front of me because I've already seen it backing up. Pulling into a spot on the end, yes I would be concerned about the curb in which case I'll hit the parking camera - also it is a moot in this use case because the point of contention is that the forward camera does not auto come on after the reverse camera shuts off.

I guess it just boils down to preference. However with that being said, it seems BMWs implementation is consistent with several other cars that I have driven.
Well my point is that there are many situations where that behaviour is obviously illogical, hence my beef with a generalization that it is logical.

About other cars, so those other cars did have front cameras? I assume so, but worth a double check. That was not the behaviour with an Infinity SUV I rented recently, it switched front and rear correctly and consistently ... dare I say "logically".
Yes. Volvo and Nissan with 360 surround cameras.
Appreciate 0