View Single Post
      04-18-2023, 03:21 PM   #82
zztops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i (N26) F30 M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlind94 View Post
What issue did you have? I have ER secondaries and the X pipe fit fine.
I had similar issues. There’s just a lot of play between the ER secondaries and the X-pipe. Probably just manufacturing tolerances between the 2. Pretty much had to torque the living hell out of the clamp on one side (which was already a pain in the butt) to really get the dinan x-pipe to bite down onto the secondaries. Also, no matter what my guy did tho, the H washers/spacers on the clamps wouldn’t stop moving around. So we just removed them from almost all the clamps and retightened with impact along with cheater bar method after. Was kinda sketch for the cheater bar, but bolts held up nicely and obviously the pipe isn’t going to sustain any damage that it’s not supposed to. About 99% of the rattling has gone and there is no movement perceptible when pushing pulling or knocking on the pipes now. Except once in a while I’ll hear a little bit of a jingle jangle. Not sure if it’s the pipes moving, clamps, valves, or the engine being loud as hell. So I don’t let it bother me.

My one recommendation to Dinan would be to include some more easily workable hardware. The bands on the clamps are pretty high quality, but the H washers are damn near useless. Also if you’re using value engineering and reusing the exhaust can that the F90 uses, maybe remove the sticker too? Lol jk

Other than that I’m pretty satisfied with the finished product. When mixing and matching aftermarket parts. Some troubleshooting is almost always going to be part of the game.

Also, Dinan customer service is top notch.

The overall tone with catless secondaries, full dinan, and keeping the exhaust flaps open (bimmerlink and disconnect method) is super exotic across the whole spectrum. I love it and my neighbors actually haven’t complained yet.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13070.00