View Single Post
      03-11-2024, 04:11 AM   #14
jadatis
Private
Rep
Drives: No BMW

On personscartyres only max allowed cold pressure is given of between 44 and 51 psi, and an ocacional XL 60 psi.
The reference-pressure, for wich the maxload is calculated for reference-speed of 160kmph/99mph, is 2.5 bar/ 36 psi Standard load, and 42 psi for XL/ reinforced /extraload.
US system 35 and 41 psi.

So you see a lot of those pressures recomended, not calculated anymore for GAWR's and max technical carspeed.
If it was calculated for max 99mph, outcome would then be much lower often, sometimes in the 26 psi/1.8 bar.

All to give less energy loss by tires. And if you use lower, you cant hold carmaker responcible.

So if you want to go lower, you have to determine pressure with acurate determined axleloads in your use.

I can make a cold pressure/axleloadcapacity list for your tire, with build in maximum reserve, at wich comfort and gripp is still acceptable.
For that I give 90% of calculated axleload-capacity for the pressure, for max 160kmph/99mph.
Calculated with my determined formula, that gives higher pressures then the official european for all kind of tires, I got hold of end 2007 and went running with.

Runflat or not is not important, I go from that information given on sidewal is right, responcibility of tire-maker.

Need maxload or loadindex, and XL// or SL.
The pressures I see you given and 21 inch makes me suspect you have XL.
Appreciate 0