Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Hey, soooo, here's something interesting about BMW:

Last night while researching the X5 45e (possibly BMW's best vehicle right now, certainly the best value) I discovered that BMW seems to be converting *all* 2021+ x40i vehicles to "mild hybrid", i.e., all 2021+ sedans w/ six cylinder ICE will get an inline 11 HP e-motor with 48v battery

Like every line EXCEPT the Ms (obvs), and X-line which apparently requires a re-design thus the X5 45e (basically an X5 40i w/ inline 6cyl+111hp e-motor)

So it's looking more and more like BMW is quietly going hybrid-electric with their best sellers to condition consumers to electric, while loudly introducing halo all electrics, with the X5 45e being a quietly announced PHEV in-between: it's not an i-line, but more electric than their mild hybrids, and plug-in.

Said differently, the new standard BMW drivetrain is electric hybrid.

Weird, huh? Did everybody know about this except me? Am I interpreting this wrong??

bmw has agreed to target cuts in carbon emissions in europe. If ot doesn't attain this it pays heavy fines. The mild hybrid just helps with that trickery. Financial decisions from bmw to satisfy regs and for customers to pay low tax.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18180.50