10-13-2021, 07:51 AM   #3
Adblue
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
think of emergency convenience, tire change skill level, replacement tire availability, etc.

personally, I'm willing to forego a bit of handling and ride comfort with RFT (I also have air suspension). i don't track it, and my petite wife drives it occasionally and can't change a tire.

she actually had a RFT blowout from a pothole a few weeks ago on her G30 on a narrow access road with no shoulder. fortunately, she was able to make it to kid's daycare where she called me. (i was already at work.) if it were a non-RFT, she would've been dead in the water waiting for roadside assistance.
Is there really that much of a difference in comfort between RFT and non-RFT when comparing the exact same model and size of tyre?

I don't have a spare wheel so only a mobility kit / roadside assistance is an option anyway. If I had a spare, the change wouldn't be an issue either.

I noticed that the Continental look bit better on the wheel compared to P Zeros. Is there much difference between the two in real life driving ?
Appreciate 0