Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adblue View Post
I had G31 before this one parked on a drive with summer tyres for around 3 years and these were fine with temps varied during the winter from minus few to plus ten and didn't notice anything, but they were Goodyear Eagle F1's.
I run Michelin PSS on my M2, which Tire Rack classifies as Max Performance Summer, and are not recommended to run in low temperatures but it's not until you get to the Pilot Cup 2, which are Extreme Performance Summer do they start warning about cracking.

So I found it very strange when I was considering the X6 22" tires, that the two factory tires both warn about cracking in low temperatures and I ultimately decided against going w/the 22" b/c I didn't want to spend an additional $2K for all seasons on delivery.

The Pirelli P ZERO (PZ4) Max Performance Summer, warns...
Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero (PZ4), like all summer tires, is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

and the Continental PremiumContact 6, Grand Touring Summer, warn...
Grand Touring Summer tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
Appreciate 0