View Single Post
      12-27-2023, 03:25 PM   #30
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PO View Post
FWIW, just got back from the muffler/exhaust shop. We put the M60 up, in my excitement I failed to get pics.

However I can tell you all this:
- 3” piping all the way back (metric so a tad smaller)
- Secondary cats are basically in the same spot as the M50 (no surprise)
- Resonator has armor/ heat shielding/dampening around it - cannot tell if X or H pipe
- valvetronics are mounted in a good spot - up under the rear bumper well
- exhaust tips are mounted/attached to rear bumper (not ideal)

Based on the layout in place the shop recommended the following for a good sounding solution:
- pay ~$4-$5K for an axle back/catback system with install
- Have a custom exhaust built - also not cheap. TBD, ballpark of $2-$3k.
- Leave main resonator (X/H Pipe), delete muffler and add a high flow resonator on each exhaust by the tip in place of the stock muffler. Approx $400.

Doing this last option they recommended keeping the stock muffler so as to be able to return to stock if I want.

This is the first S68 they have seen so they cannot give me an idea of what it will sound like, but given the added resonators creating a more refined sound vs straight pipes. All in all they felt like it would sound very close to the M50 with a muffler delete. The resonators are basically a safety net to prevent:
- A fart canesque noise
- Too loud of an exhaust, especially on start up

By not removing the X/H pipe I will lose additional burbles that typically come with an aftermarket X pipe. IMO I am ok with this because I do not want an excessive amount of burbles that sound awful AND I by keeping the stock resonator I will not have to worry about drone or a bunch of extra cabin noise.
Wow, this is great information and thanks for taking the time post. I am sure that there are others here who will be interested also.
Choice #3 above looks very appealing.
What are you going to do here?
Appreciate 0