View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #28
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by verruckt View Post
And another update - now the dealer has no idea when the camera will become available. BMW NA customer reps are telling me they can't tell either, and that the dealers are responsible for parts, and no one from BMW NA can tell me this (as an ex-BMW tech, I'm calling bullshit).

I still do not have a loaner or the X5 back despite telling the dealer last Thursday that I needed something today. When I ask for the X5 back until the part comes in, my CA is telling me that they can't confirm the performance of the truck, and it would be on me in taking it back. That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Because of this, I emailed two BMW NA execs tonight. Hopefully this gets some wheels turning, cause this is some nonsense.

Ironically, tomorrow I meet the requirements in my state to start the Lemon law process. It's something I'm seriously considering now, and its sad, because I love the X5 and everything... save for... you know.. not having it part
That’s a terrible update. I 100% blame your dealer for not stepping up to give your car back with reduced assistance or at least giving you a nice loaner for as long as they insist keeping your car.

I wish you the best of luck. Your story could have been mine if not for my dealership being so terrific with handling my exact same X5 problem.