View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #29
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by verruckt View Post
And another update - now the dealer has no idea when the camera will become available. BMW NA customer reps are telling me they can't tell either, and that the dealers are responsible for parts, and no one from BMW NA can tell me this (as an ex-BMW tech, I'm calling bullshit).

I still do not have a loaner or the X5 back despite telling the dealer last Thursday that I needed something today. When I ask for the X5 back until the part comes in, my CA is telling me that they can't confirm the performance of the truck, and it would be on me in taking it back. That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Because of this, I emailed two BMW NA execs tonight. Hopefully this gets some wheels turning, cause this is some nonsense.

Ironically, tomorrow I meet the requirements in my state to start the Lemon law process. It's something I'm seriously considering now, and its sad, because I love the X5 and everything... save for... you know.. not having it part
There is absolutely no excuse for them not giving you a loaner for this.

Hopefully your email to the execs will help. You may also consider taking it back and going to another dealer, sounds like yours may not be the best one to deal with.

It certainly would not hurt you to start the lemon law process. You may not need to have it go to fulfillment but it may move things along.

Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00