05-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #96
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Flash runs the risk of tripping the peak torque and peak load stored in the DME, stability control, and transmission module. Those hidden codes have been a problem for people trying to hide a tune. A piggy can be entirely removed if you want full transparency. We both know each have their advantages.

As far as piggy be careful making illogical arguments about what they can and cannot do. MANY of us including me have run JB4 on prior platforms throwing out huge power for a long time. On top of that, many of us have run flash and piggy on top to get to the elite levels. Reading CAN signals is a big advantage for a tune. Obviously the stock DME uses these signals to adjust, so it makes sense for tunes to utilize them as well. Realtime monitor of timing specifically is huge to avoid damaging KR events.

I am not here to start a flame war, but a TMAP piggy cannot be compared to a EWG piggy controlling boost with CAN capabilities. I am not sure JB4 is fully tested and released with their EWG N63R tunes yet, but there will be interest.
I am not arguing with you. Just giving out information.

I am not saying don't go with JB4, just saying that with that amount of sensors tapped, especially with slow processor speed that JB4 uses for years.
With that, might as well do the flash tune. Much safer compare to multiple sensor tapping with slow processor speed.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0