10-07-2020, 08:27 PM   #27
Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirksael View Post
When you install the harness, it gives you the high level front speaker signal. While most amplifiers have an input for high level signal, that will not work in this case as the signal is too powerful.

So, you need to convert that signal to something you can feed into your amplifier. That is why I use the LC2i to generate a low level signal. For both my amplifiers, but that doesn't matter, even if you install only one amplifier, you still need it.

(Unless you find an amplifier which can take the powerful speaker signal from the HK amp, but if such an amplifier exists, I am unaware of it.)

P.s. I did not install new speakers, I am just powering the underseat subs from the second amp instead of the factory HK amp.
I see! That makes sense so you have a total of 3 amps in the car. Factory HK, 1 mono for the trunk amp and another (mono or 2-channel) for the front subs? Is that correct?

For the front subs did you run new wire back or were you able to use the existing wiring after connecting the harness?

BMW Parts and Accessories

https://pumperformance.com
Appreciate 0