01-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #20
taek
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVito View Post
My car was at the dealer 43 days before it got fixed. They had to order the part from Germany as there were none available in the states. Part came in on the slow boat from Germany. I wish I didn't leave it at the dealer because they didnt have room to keep it inside 24/7 as their new BMW facility isn't finished (it's a Mini dealer, now BMW). They had to move it in and out of the service bay. So I get it home and my husband finds a chip in the paint on the rear driver's side door. So p!$$ed... it was perfect when I brought it there. They had their paint repair guy touch it up. I'll have to take it to our PPF place see if they can further correct it. I still don't know if the leak is fixed as it hasn't been in the rain or washed (with water). They bent over backwards to satisfy us, and everyone is super nice, but I won't take it there again.
Every dealer is going to be different. But that was a poor way of handling it. Right now the parts shortage is affecting everything including repairs. My dealer for my other car informed it will take weeks to get a part and they'd keep tracking it and tell me when it was close. Took about 4 weeks, and I didn't need to bring the car in until they had the part.
Appreciate 0