View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 08:41 AM   #15
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ’23 X3 M40i Brooklyn Grey

I ordered the DAPP package after having several versions on several makes and models over the years and a number of times that the systems intervened to avoid accidents before I could even react due to other drivers driving poorly . . .go figure ��

One question I have is about ‘regular’ driving without the Adaptive CC on. It looks like the active lane keeping assist can still help to keep you in your lane without having the ACC turned on. Just want to confirm this. Hope this isn’t hijacking your thread OP!

I test drove the M50i a few times and it felt like it did this but I wasn’t able to take longer drives due to timing. Currently have Audis and the system works well to keep you in your lane without being disruptive (with the right settings of course)without having the ACC on. One of our cars doesn’t do a great job identifying lane markings but trading that one so I’m not going to bother with having the dealer look at/replace the camera.

Just confirming that the lane keeping assist does work when ACC is not turned on and what people’s experience has been.

Where this gets confusing is that BMW mentions lane departure assist, which is different. That is more of a warning and correction whereas the lane keeping assist is more of an active monitor of your vehicle with those around you and the lane markers to keep you centered (or mostly centered) in your lane. Just trying to see if the active lane keeping assist works without having to be in active cruise control mode.

I don’t use the ACC that much but it’s great when I do (again, not on the X5 yet) but the lane keeping assist during normal driving really lowers my fatigue and stress levels on almost every drive in our current cars.

Mind sharing some thoughts/experiences with the X5 since this is part of the DAPP?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0