Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3 Series, Vette C6 GS, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSpuds View Post
I tell my friends it's an X5M because none of them would know the difference and saying it's an X5 M50i is just too much of a mouthful!
oh, that's gonna eat some folks something raw

mouthful or not, oblivious or not, the M50i is not an X5M. saying it is out of 'convenience' is just taking advantage of the situation. it's a plain lie TBH.

it's the M50i. there'll be a time you get called out in front of your friends, then it'll be your foot in your mouth. best to be honest.
Nah, people that get that bent out of shape over a car name are a little too self absorbed or priorities are a little out of line. My wife couldn't even be bothered about the distinction regarding model (probably representative of most car owners). I have it 5 months and I think the most descriptive she would get is 'he has a BMW SUV!' . Absolutely not pretending it's something it's not, the badges on it make it clear what it is. Perhaps the way I phrased my original did appear disingenuous- my intent was abbreviating the name rather than the whole 5 digits. My wife has a 'xxx', my kid has a 'xxx'. I have a BMW. No friend would call me out on it, either they see it and know what it is or they don't care. And it is not a lie….
Appreciate 0