09-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Drive-recorder is kind of neat. You can make a video with just the touch of a button. It also records any accident that happens although you can disable that.

It uses the surround cameras so you need to have the 3D view hardware for this to work. Don't know if you can simply code it. It appears as a connected drive application so there may be more than just a simple enabling for it to work.

Gesture control certain is a good thing to show off to friends and acquaintances. For me the jury is out on real utility; I'm trying to get used to using it.

Lazer isn't just high-beam, it is a longer range hight-beam the plain LED headlights, which a plus. Also, depending on the country you are in it may include matrix lighting which is probably a double plus.
So do you need a subscription for the Drive recorder? I have the 3D (remote) view which is part of the parking assistant plus (5DN).

Yes, but for increasing sound, moving my thumb a little is much less effort than making circels above the transmission lever right?

According to the brochure, the Lasers only work when high beam is on. All streets/roads in my country have street lighting, I only use my high beams to alert someone when he/she is driving without lights or so. Doesn't seem wise to laser their eyes just before we cross eachother? Maybe it's indeed country specific, but in case it's only high beam as the brochure says, seems like a waste of money for just two blue X signs in the headlight unit.
Appreciate 0