ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
I have almost the same build in Arctic Grey

I had a test drive with a 745e with gesture controle and I liked it a lot. I found it very functional and not a gadget. I missed it instantly when returning to my F16

Initially I also wanted the Drive recorder. But my BMW dealer did not advise it because it's very basic and there are superior products out there like Blackvue. The drive recorder does not have a parking mode. I found that very essential. So I will let my dealer probably install a Blackvue instead of taking the drive recorder.
What functions are you using with gesture control? I checked the documentation and found it pretty limited. Only volume control would be something I use often. Or have new functions been added with updates maybe?

I have a 2ch dashcam in my current F15 which is working great, I will place it in the new G05, so there are no additional features in the drive recorder besides some basic dashcam stuff, I can definatelly live without.

Is the artic gray much darker than the F15 grey? I loved the F15 dark grey in combination with black shadowline elements. On the website is almost seems black.
Appreciate 0