View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #7
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
I don't know the OP's spec of his 40i. If it's a base spec then I am genuinely surprised that Canadian are probably paying similar or even less at MSRP (Canadian 40i MSRP CAD$71.5k ~ $55k USD). I thought we Canadian always pay more for the same thing? Am I missing something here?
I just did some quick math between BMWusa and BMW.ca - you're right, but it's a little difficult to confirm because the build config is different, and the option packages are too so this may not hold for all builds. That said, the gap seems to widen when you add options not get tighter.

Base to Base 40i xDrive is $76,399 CAD ($54,066 USD) vs $61,200 USD in the US. I just compared my build...its pretty shocking. All before incentives and discounts etc:

my US price: $86,725.00
CA equivalent: $72,978.00 ($103,124 CAD)

What I cant tell is if the HK stereo isn't offered in Canada, or its standard. I see the B&W option, but not HK in the config - we can select it in the US for 40i builds but it comes standard in the M50i.

Pretty substantial difference! Maybe its to offset GST and added taxes etc - I haven't lived there in a while and cant remember if one pays GST and PST on new cars.
Appreciate 0