01-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #37
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdoc View Post
REDEMPTION!!!

New dealer an hour away had their shop foreman drive it after my long winded story about the noise and my decibel meter and vibration, etc. etc. (I swear even I thought I was turning into a crazy person.). They called me an hour later and said...” needs a new driveshaft”

While I am thrilled that they actually verified that I am not crazy, I really wonder how that part actually came to needing replacement. I don’t track this car, or even really accelerate aggressively very often. I have a long commute and am usually worried about stretching my gallons of gas instead. No accidents or major pothole encounters either. But I’ve decided not to think about this for now and simply look forward to my car being fixed and getting back to normal.
Drive shafts are weighted just like rims, which is one reason people point to rims/tires rebalance and alignment first. Many things could have caused this issue, weight shifting or simple car settling in (think break in). That foreman however is awesome for catching it, a shaft vibration is very hard to diagnose and can be very elusive. Glad to see light at the end of the tunnel on this one.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
FiatLux11.50