View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 05:06 AM   #4
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
That’s weird...I can’t remember, but I believe the dealership created an account and I had to sign in and finish it. I did it on my last car, but had to sign in to the new G05 with it and activate new services. I’ll try to answer, but your experience may vary...

1. CarPlay should be active if all your services are up. Connect your phone via Bluetooth pairing, then go into mobile device settings and select your paired phone. From there, you should see an option to change the way it is connected from iDrive to CarPlay. It will run through some prompts and you should be good.

2. Is this your first BMW? If so, head over to your country’s Connected Drive Portal site. You can google it if you can’t find it and should see it. If you don’t have an account, you should be given the option to register. This should solve your driver profile issue, since you can log in with those same credentials in your car. Once done, you will see all of your subscribed services on the site, which should include CarPlay.

I hope this helps. I would make sure to get the driver profile done first, since you’ll make all of these settings changed to your preferences, but will only be on the guest profile and not tied to your account/key fob. Good luck!
thanks for the quick reply!

There is no option to enable carplay at the minute. I've just downloaded bimmercode and messed with a bit and was wondering if anyone has tried enabling carplay via coding.

the problem is that we do not have BMW connected drive service in KSA just yet so although I have a connected drive account, the car is not able to connect to the internet. Local dealer will not help.

when i attempt to add the car to my account online, i get this message:

Quote:
The vehicle cannot be added to your account.

The mobile network connection has been deactivated for this vehicle. This means that it cannot be added to your account

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Oh by the way, sweet car!! Looks sharp!
Thank you! will be post some proper after the nano treatment.
Appreciate 0