11-19-2019, 12:16 AM   #546
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
I'm on Android (Samsung S10) and have the exact same OBDLink MX+, and it works fine. Check these items:

1. Make sure in the Bimmer App on your phone, under settings - the "OBD LX/MX/MX+" adapter is selected.

2. Ensure your phone is on "Airplane Mode" prior to trying to connect, but remember to re-enable Bluetooth.

3. As Bluetooth is re-enabled, go into your car settings and ensure your phone is "Disconnected" from the Car. I am sure you have your phone paired with your car via BT, so this needs to be disconnected - else the phone's Bluetooth cant pickup the OBDLink dongle.

4. Make sure the car is in Diagnostic mode - press the Start/Stop button 3 x times in quick succession and wait around 5 seconds - you will hear a gentle ring alarm and then "vehicle in diagnostic mode" come up in the Instrument cluster.

After the above, it should connect

It can be somewhat "unreliable" in connecting, sometimes I have try a few times - so be patient, but once connected its as solid a rock, I've never had it dropout or fail while reading the ECUs or coding.
I also have the MX+. I have used it with multiple cars and apps, always successfully, and without any tricks such as airplane mode or unpairing. That is how it should work, it's just one more Bluetooth connection.

If yours doesn't work, it may help to try the tricks. You might also want to try other simpler apps (such as OBDLink's own) to figure out which component is making trouble (phone, BT, MX+, app).

Last edited by perikifi; 11-19-2019 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Added OBDLink app
Appreciate 1
buze132.00