05-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #38
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
mitch57 I agree with your points. I think you got to be a pain in the ass with BMW, otherwise they will keep making up excuses. It is advertised and promoted that I don't need to take my fat ass to the dealership. They make reference to quality control of the software before they release it as an OTA. That alone tells me you will never see it. I've seen talk on here of a new app, which would be nice...Also, BMW seems to half ass a bunch of things instead of perfecting what they have already. There's too much difference between MY and region. The capabilities are there, but BMW doesn't seem to want to get going. It's not a disastrous issue, but a slap in the face. We paid for all these things that were included for 3 or 4 years depending on your lease or purchase. I was sold on this vehicle with it's technology and comfort. I am still impressed, but losing respect for BMW's software team. At the end of the day, i can get from point a to point b, but so can a shit ton of other vehicles...the "premium" we paid for BMW should included quality and follow through.

On a side note, now BMW can blame Coronavirus instead of the slow boat from Germany when they drag their ass.
If you think the s/w and tech is bad on a BMW, drive a Range Rover or Land Rover for a while