09-26-2021, 08:03 PM   #52
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
Are you saying ICE cars will be completely banned from operation on public roads?
I'm aware that certain cities are becoming EV-only within specific geographical limits, but otherwise, existing ICE cars will continue in operation well beyond 10 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the legislation bans only the sale of new combustion engine vehicles, then my asssertion still holds. Enthusiasts in 2035 will be largely buying used, not new cars.
Yes, beyond 2030 you'll still be able to buy pre-owned ICE cars... I hope. Today I read that NGO's are filing law suits against EU and local governments for nog banning ICE immediately. I kid you not, every day, we read these news items!

Latest survey today revealed that 80% of EU civilians are going to buy a full BEV within the two coming years since they're convinced that ICE becomes scrap in 2024-5 and will be prohibited! And to be honest, I don't dare to buy a new or pre-owned ICE with a COČ exhaust figure of more than 100gr/km (about a 1.2l engine with 100hp) since all above that will be taxed like it was a fine for ruining mother Earth! We already pay more than twice your fuel price, but it will increase faster and faster now.

Just saying, in the US, you're still protected from this near by tsunami. But I'am afraid when it hits you, it will be hard and fast! Don't dream you'll be driving M5's for decades to come. Won't happen, or it will be BEV M5's or Tesla S...
Appreciate 0