ddelX52019G05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i, Audi A7 2017

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
I know a ton of people on the forum have experienced jerking while under acceleration at lower speeds. Many of us have experienced jerking or chugging of the tires with a hard turn at low speeds. It is especially notable in reverse with the wheel turned hard.

For those of you that don't know, there is SIB 27 02 20 regarding the issue. The fix from BMW is replacing the the transfer case oil because they note the factory oil does not meet BMW specs.

My question is for those that have had the transfer case oil changed. Did it fix your problem? Short term and long term? How many miles on your vehicle since the oil change.

I think a lot of us are curious if the incorrect spec'd oil from the BMW factory caused permanent damage or if the transfer case oil change is a long term solution.
I experienced this issue and have had the fluid changed at 44.6K, I am on BMW platinum extended warranty and currently have 46.1K in miles. While the issue seems largely resolved I do feel there are some lingering effects, however they are subtle. I asked about the possibility of excessive wear and/or permanent damage as a result of wrong fluid spec being in place and the S/A noted that BMW will replace the transfer case. I am thinking it would be best to address the lingering "subtle" effects now and request the transfer case be replaced rather than wait for this to get worse. This way at least I can be without the car on my schedule, hope I don't need to debate the "subtle" surging I still feel.
Appreciate 0