kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
I have everything on my F80 except for moonroof, rear parking shade, and EDC. I don't miss EDC at all. I planned to replace the suspension anyway, though - I did coilovers on all 5 of my E9x M3s and the F80 won't be any different (although I'll likely do H&Rs while I wait)

I would say that the F80 is stiff. It's not aftermarket feeling, but it is definitely stiff. Small bumps are where I notice it more and the adaptive did take the edge off them. The Passive suspension is pretty close to in between Sport/Sport Plus. Definitely doesn't feel like the car whacks over small bumps like it does on Sport Plus, but is a bit stiffer than sport.

The adaptive suspension is definitely good on this car - I'd say it makes more of a difference than it did on the e9x - the e9x felt like you could feel bumps more but it really didn't have better control in the stiffer modes. If I was happy with the stock ride height I'd probably have gotten EDC.
I have also read where the passive was designed to be between sport/sport+ thanks for confirming that. Interesting that you would have gone edc if it wasn't for the right height, ride height is not an issue for me, just I just want to choose the best set up for road & track ...I was thinking I would go passive maybe coils down the road, however if the adaptive really that good I'm having second thoughts???? . I assume you do some track days ? Have you had a opportunity to drive an f80 with adaptive to compare directly to your passive ?
BTW - I always appreciated your exhaust reviews on the e92
Appreciate 0