02-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #59
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
A vehicle could be the worst handling vehicle in the world. But no one would ever be in the situation for the worst handling vehicle in the world to experience a total loss of control in ideal conditions without excessive speed. Period. From where they project where he left his side of the road and crossed over oncoming traffic to where the vehicle rested is at least a couple of hundred feet. Some estimate it to be between 400 to 500 feet. No way would a vehicle travel that far if it wasn't flying. Plus the final amount of damage is not indicative of just losing control due to poor handling traveling at the speed limit of that road.
Yeah, I hear ya. I guess I should've explained my thought more clearly. I do think he indeed was driving too fast, but I can't help but wonder if there were some underlying issues as well considering he has a history. After all, he wasn't given a breathalyzer due to the
"severity of his injury". I'm guessing there hasn't been a blood test since that time either, unless it simply hasn't been released to the general public.

The second part where I suggested the vehicle may not be all that was just a stab at providing a different perspective on whether that particular SUV should be given such props for "saving his life". I'm willing to bet there are other vehicles that could have held up just as well. Frankly, he's just one lucky dude all considering.
Appreciate 0