pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Totally agree. The idiot plodding along at or below the speed limit in the left lane is just as dangerous as the idiot zipping in and out of traffic. I can't tell you how many times I've seen some moron merge onto the highway on the right and continue directly across to the left lane even though there was no reason to be in the left lane. Lane discipline is non-existent in the US. And the left lane hog laws in IL are a total joke.
Here in Minnesota people are gutless as fuck and pathologically conflict-averse. Nobody will accelerate and nobody will pass anyone, because it might be seen as an act of aggression or boldness, or it might call attention to the person doing 52 mph in the left lane of a 70-mph freeway, which is seen as unkind for some inexplicable reason.

Countless times I've come upon a "clot" of 10 or 12 cars all bunched-up and oozing down a 3 or 4-lane stretch of freeway at or just below the posted limit and taking up all the lanes. My first hunch is always that there's a Highway Patrol or a city copper in the clot somewhere, which would perfectly explain why nobody's speeding up. Nope, almost never the case. It's just a zombie or two, and maybe a Millennial on his cell phone texting his boyfriend a picture of his 3" weiner, and the other 10 people are too scared or polite to pass them. I, on the other hand, am 0% scared and about 2% polite so I usually find a way to bust through. I get the finger and fists shaken at me, because they're embarrassed that I just showed them what shitty, pokey drivers they are.