02-28-2024, 02:48 AM   #18
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDance View Post
It makes me wonder just how bad UK roads are that the air suspension is a must have option over the standard suspension. I had read in a few reviews that the standard suspension is about 80% the comfort level of the air suspension. It was always inconsequential to me anyways because the LCI 40i spec in the US isn’t available with air suspension. The standard suspension is definitely comfortable enough on the roads where I live but I would never say I’m floating on a cloud like air suspension owners sometimes say.
Our roads are crap in most places, but air isn't a must have for everyone. For me, it's the only option that makes sense on this car because it isn't a sports car and can't be one - it's heavy and it's high. I bought an M3 to experience a car that handles.

When I drove non air X5s and X6s, I didn't get enough thrill out of the more sporty handling to justify the extra firmness. It was impressive, but that's always prefaced by "...for an X5/6“. Others do want that extra edge, and so the non air makes sense to them.
Appreciate 0