03-30-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
Okay, so my guy got back to me. He had parts pull it up, and it turns out that particular part no. is just two front springs and two bumpstops -- which would explain why its only 150 bucks in the states.

So, not really sure why there is a discrepancy between what you (UK) people are being told and what we (US) people are being told. I really, really wish you could reprogram these damn dampers though . . .
This here http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...er/finder.html says "This set-up features shock absorbers, struts and stabilisers extensively tested, developed and harmonised in accordance with motor racing criteria, blah, blah, blah" which sounds like there's more to it than just 2 springs. But, yes, the price is alarmingly cheap... So I wonder... what's really involved here.

As for the dampers, I don't think you can reprogram the dampers per se. Rather, you can maybe reprogram the car's computer that handles them. Which brings about a question of whether anyone here knows the tricks to programs the dampers like you would other function of the vehicle. There must be something in the ECU.
Appreciate 0