03-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #78
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
The ENET and Ethernet adapter are a lot faster then the wireless MX+. Took me less than 5 minutes to check all available BC menus and code everything that I want. Reading and coding BDC alone took me almost 5 minutes with MX+. I'm pretty happy with these cables.

While unrelated to BC, I tried removing 5AP from FA and VO code using E-Sys. Just need to observe if anti-dazzle really works.

The originally saved FA xml and the modified one have 1 line diff - 5AP. I read SVT (VCM?) and coded BDC_BODY3, HU_MGU, FLM2 43/44 and KAFAS4, in that order.

Not everything went to stock, though, when I checked with BimmerCode. ADV, M logo at startup, IC logo, ASS, etc., are still there. So I'm not really sure if I did VO coding correctly. How to verify this?
To be clear only the following got reset after VO coding: BDC (drive mode back to comfort) and HU-MGU (e.g., start animation, tire pressure control). Other settings stayed.

I again tried loading the original FA from saved XML, code, and remove 5AP again and code. Both were successful ("Abarbeitung bender") and every time I connect with BimmerCode BDC and HU-MGU settings are lost. So it seems I got my very first VO coding done.
LexxM31698.50