View Single Post
      02-09-2021, 01:31 PM   #3
porshah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, R8, Huracan - All topdown

Garage List
I think this should answer your question...

"the ap roo was always i watch i wanted to have in my collection."

Even if you end up with a Rolex, you will still want the AP. If you currently have the DSSD, the Daytona will feel kind of small. AP ROO will give you the same presence on the wrist as your DSSD.

As you said, it's not Rolex vs AP. They are both great brands, but prices of some of the SS models are insane.

I currently have 3 Rolex's and I have been offered stupid amount of money for the Hulk and Daytona, but I will not sell them. The Datejust was my first "nice" watch I bought about 20 years ago, and the Daytona I bought with my Son on a trip we were on together, and I got it with his name on the warranty card. Hulk is just cool, and no longer available. (I have Kermit coming in very soon).

I also have AP ROO Safari, and AP RO 15400.

As for reliability, and warranty. Rolex is definitely built like a tank. I have only had the DJ serviced once in the entire time I have owned it. Hulk and Daytona have been trouble free. I had an AP Diver (earlier models), which had to go in for service within the first month I bought it, but Safari and 15400 have had zero issues.

Good luck with your search.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
CDirks135.00
BXdriver159.00