View Single Post
      07-03-2023, 01:00 PM   #35
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Im "hybrid" which is basically remote unless I have to go into one of the hospitals/practices and I wont be going back, too many opportunities out there.

Once covid hit I moved my setup into the guest room in the front of the house and setup a beast of rig that well eclipses what they put in my office, I have my own bathroom on this room, and I look out a giant double window into sunlight and trees. Im more productive work wise and my quality of life everywhere else has skyrocketed. Simple things like moving a load of laundry can be done in those little 5 minute windows between productivity or waiting on someone to respond to something, my commute has been replaced by gym time so Im damned near back to high school shape, my dog is happier, I cook healthier and more complex dinners, I have more time to meet friends on weeknights so im more social with people I actually want to hang out with, and my expenses regarding my commute are basically gone.

I wont be going back to a 1980s office building with flourescent lighting and sharing a communal bathroom some dudes who must eat taco bell 97 times a day.

Honestly the only knock is my BMW is starting to get that "classic car smell" from sitting. I keep it on a tender but guess I need to get some of those air freshener/absorber tubs to keep in it.
Appreciate 2
Balr14573.50