Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena
Budget allocation and diversifying the income would be one that I recommend to few people.

As people know that I am not a rich guy or anything. Probably BELOW median of what people make here. I am trying to Live moderate to conservative life , but did buy few toys last year.
Reason I need to be more frugal and conservative than others are because i am self employed and who knows what would happen tomorrow? Uncertainty is the biggest issue for me. Who knows? I might only make $50 this month.

If I had a YOLO mentality and speculated that I will have same/similar stream of passive/active income coming in, I would seriously be ordering major toys+house+items.

You guys would be surprised if you guys see my monthly budget. I am prepared for the worst. IF we both had $13/hr jobs, I think we can still afford our lifestyle (without any passive income).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Meh, why would I?

We know what you know about me, I married money big time and now I'm showing off by buying fancy cars and not giving a shit. I'm cool with it. I'm just pushing others down because they want the same things, and while being prettier and younger, they'd be ready to take my place.

My point is, I have said what I needed to say in other threads. I doubt I'll ever reach the level of wealth owning multiple cars, horses, closets for shoes and rely on my income only.

I'm so failing here.
Well, not to mention- at least with cars, as long as you have a strong credit history/score- these "toys" aren't really all that expensive given leasing is an option.

Had I decided to do monthly payments on my upcoming vehicle rather than a single pay lease, it would have been 1500 a month.

Sure it's about 1200 dollars more than what a purposeful cars payment should be- but in retrospect- it's not a bad price considering it's a 130K car.

The way I see it- we all have our likings/vices.

Some people like vacationing. Others like drinking/partying. Others like to shop.

It all adds up, so it just comes down to what keeps you getting up for that paycheck