View Single Post
      07-04-2015, 02:20 AM   #10222
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

If you see it that way, the automobile %rate is lower than some of the inflation index/indices. If you can make $ by keeping 130k cash, I would totally agree about financing.

My monthly budget very low. lol
I get those email from BMW on special lease on 320d, and I just don't know how some people can afford to pay that much.

1500.mo on lease is too much for my budget.
1500 would be about 35-40% of our monthly budget including 3 vehicles+mortgages+insurance, etc.

I think I faced financial hardship before, and I just want to be within the budget of 25-33% over poverty (regardless of my passives) Yes, at the end of the year, we do reconciliation to see how much disposal we have.

Don't get me wrong, we do drive a car which cost about same as M6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Well, not to mention- at least with cars, as long as you have a strong credit history/score- these "toys" aren't really all that expensive given leasing is an option.

Had I decided to do monthly payments on my upcoming vehicle rather than a single pay lease, it would have been 1500 a month.

Sure it's about 1200 dollars more than what a purposeful cars payment should be- but in retrospect- it's not a bad price considering it's a 130K car.

The way I see it- we all have our likings/vices.

Some people like vacationing. Others like drinking/partying. Others like to shop.

It all adds up, so it just comes down to what keeps you getting up for that paycheck