View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 04:16 PM   #3
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by matowi View Post
Lovely car. I especially like the interior - my absolute favorite color. Enjoy!

As for the auto-start-stop... I was afraid I'd hate it and even more the fact you can't switch it off. In all my previous cars which had a-s-s (2 BMWs, and a Volvo), you could switch it off - either directly with a button (1 BMW) or with a simple trick (2nd BMW and the Volvo). No such possibility here, in my new X5

HOWEVER, having had the car for 2 days, I must admit, I couldn't care less about the a-s-s being active or not. It's amazingly seamless - to the point I in fact appreciate the fact there's some smart tech on the car which decides when to kill the engine and stop burning fuel for nothing. Crazy how one's attitude changes once the technology reaches maturity required to make certain "advances" no longer painful, and actually useful / not intrusive

For contrast, I remember the a-s-s on my F10 5-series... oh man, every time the engine went on/off, the whole car shuddered and I despised the experience with every fibre of my body. Good thing there was this button next to the engine starter to kill the damned thing. On the second BMW (a G11 7-series), the tech was MUCH better, but nothing close to what the LCI G05 offers

Anyway, back to your car - I think it looks very good with he contrasting black/white bits. And I congratulate you on the suspension choice!
Thank you so much for the kind words. I get what your saying on the start/stop. Maybe in time we will get used to it and give it it's due chance.

Yes. The color choice white on white with the black just pop. Sometimes you just don't know till you see it in person. We were glad it was everything we hoped it'd be. We just felt on the suspension it was the best for us. The air was a little floaty for us and the standard with adaptive was a little more buttoned down.