View Single Post
      03-15-2016, 04:13 PM   #178
335penguin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I don't understand the "perhaps she should help pay for the ring". Every woman that gets married to the man that bought the ring will help pay for the ring unless they plan on keeping all money separate. If he spends $50k or whatever the number, once they get married and everything gets combined, the missing $50k, or payments or whatever is now both of their problem. If the number is a drop in the bucket to what he has it may not matter but for most an expensive ring is just a delay in buying other things (house, school loans, car, kids college) or a reduction in their ability to use the money for other things.

If she had a large amount of money and I had very little I would be happy to buy the expensive ring. Once we combine our money the problem will be gone. Whether she likes it or not she will have paid for the ring.

Not everyone combines their finances and not everyone finances the ring some pay in full. I was just putting it out there that maybe he should talk to his girlfriend about what he's willing to pay for her ring and if she wants more than that she can help pay. Also not every guy is going to add in the cost of the ring to their combined bills etc. some may keep it separate as they purchased it for their significant other and they recipient should not have to pay.
Appreciate 0