Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selh05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Umm not sure what you're asking. The vehicle maintains a database of vehicle and driving telematics but it's not intelligent enough to know if your headlights have been upgraded or downgraded. It will let you if you didn't wire or recode it correctly.

You can decode the VIN to see what type of headlights originally came in the vehicle.

Someone would be idiot to downgrade their Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights to just adaptive LED or spend thousands of dollars to upgrade vice versa.
For example, if the vehicle was stolen and someone removed the laser lights and replaced the With standards I'm sure they would need to be coded for the proper headlights. Is there a way to tell if that has been done on a vehicle and if so when.
First, if a vehicle was stolen for parts - not only are they're just gonna take the headlights, they're gonna break it down for parts. It's a crap ton of work to properly remove the headlight housing off of a new X5 without damaging the vehicle.

In your scenario if the vehicle was stolen and laser lights rep. with standard LEDs - you can visually tell the difference between standard LED and Laserlight with adaptive LED headlights. Standard LEDs only have operational outer light units (inner unit is a blank) and Laserlights have both operational inner and outer units.

Most or the majority of BMW parts have a QR code sticker or stamp with part/part serial number on them.

But no you can't tell if so when.

Did your vehicle get stolen or something?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0