View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #62
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
TBH, I've said this a few times to a few friends. Most people won't like a true Audiophile system because they are too used to bloated frequency systems.

I am not saying that B&W in this car is a true Audiophile system but to say that HK sounds better makes me wonder. We had HK in our last G05 X5 and it's not even close. Not even on the same planet.
Not better, HK in the M2 certainly sounds flatter than both B&O and B&W systems, I only pointed out that I heard no distortions in it - and my daughter and I tested them side to side. Distortions aside, obviously the B&W sounds better and punches harder. However, I still insist that all these systems are more or less the same, and despite being branded different they are probably made by the same supplier. If you saw the videos I posted, Logic 7 speaker has exact the same fit, plug, cone material and general feel and appearance as the B&W speaker.

Also, I've been doing some testing with my speakers connected to a desk amp, and I pretty much determined that the distortions with the B&W speaker and the Logic 7 speaker are volume related - if I reduce volume enough there are no distortions, so maybe the system just isn't very well balanced, or these speakers are particularly sensitive to certain frequencies. It's just annoying that sometimes they distort at relatively low volume levels when playing certain frequencies with a lot of echo or resonance.

My package with the Bimmertech Alpha One speaker should arrive at some point today, and I will record another video of Logic 7 vs B&W vs Bimmertech.
Appreciate 0