Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver@VelosDesignwerks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken6096 View Post
I think the same. I almost buy it but asked for some advise from member in this forum and got some point to think about this. I need more information or honestly, need the review from real user. But really wanna try my most concern is it is not gonna blow my engine in long run and dealer will not notice.

Ken,

Luckily our tunes are kept within BMWs safety parameter for this reason. The goal of our tune is for you to enjoy the additional power and drivability of the vehicle without sacrificing reliability. As far BMW noticing we recommend returning the vehicle to the stock tune, which with our handheld takes only about 15 minutes. You can feel free to PM or Call me for more info!
On that note, you're pushing the same boost as a full ///M car (25-26psi) with less cooling, less reinforcement etc so I'm curious to know why BMW engineers thought it was needed for that much boost in the X5M/M5 because I doubt it was for fun. Tunes can be safe, a 10psi tune is a lot for any car (based on what iDrive was showing which is a measured value if I'm not mistaken) I'd think a larger/better intake would be needed for proper air flow. Don't have any additional data showing the engineering parameters of the N63M engine in the G05?
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0