View Single Post
      02-24-2018, 01:52 AM   #3
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

In iDrive, press the "Menu" button, select "Vehicle Information", "Vehicle Status", scroll down to the "Car" icon ("Service Requirements").

Here, you can see what service items need performing when. Also, if the car has been serviced, there will be a "Service History" entry, select this to view the history.

Any dealer worth their salt will be able to do either photos or a video of this information and it's one of the first things I ask them to send over before I even talk about prices.

All M cars should have had a run-in service at 1,200 miles. For a car to remain under BMW warranty (either original, or extended), this should have been completed somewhere between 800 and 2,000 miles. Outside these ranges, BMW wouldn't consider the car as an Approved Used Car (they sent me a scan of the relevant section of the BMW inernal AUC requirements document)

It is important to check this though as I've seen 2 AUC's that didn't have a run-in service within the parameters. One was about 2,300 miles, but the other was just shy of 8,000 miles when it had it's first service.
Appreciate 0