View Single Post
      12-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #94
kezzuki
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: G05 2021 X5

It happened to the 2021 X5 xdrive 40i i just picked up 2 weeks ago!!

I have been looking for a post like this for a while...after seeing this one, i registered for the forum but didn't get the priviledge to post replies till like today...

so yea, 2021 x5, the problem is present since day 1 i think...Picked up near Toronto here in Canada.
After i discovered it i wanted to make sure its not my ears that are ringing on their own, i downloaded this sound spectrum analyzer app on my phone and DID see big spikes around 8k and 11k Hz point, when i put the phone near the idrive screen or the small AC control screen.

So, i took it back to the dealership, they looked at it and this is what they told me:
1, Another customer also reported this.
2, they sat into a demo x5 and noticed the same noise.
3, so they checked it out and believe this noise is from a tiny cooling fan within the front dash body, and this is NORMAL. so they told me "i guess you will have to live with it".

Well, i tried to live with it...but i couldn't. Not only it is mentally bugging me, but also it is kinda hurting my ears after a short road trip...

So i called BMW customer service and they say they will talk to the dealership to find out what they can do.

I came from Mercedes because i heard many good things about X5/X6 lol but if this is what i get for 100 grand CAD ...that would suck.

Will update when i hear from the customer service...if they actually do anything about this.
Appreciate 0