View Single Post
      12-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #95
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzuki View Post
I have been looking for a post like this for a while...after seeing this one, i registered for the forum but didn't get the priviledge to post replies till like today...

so yea, 2021 x5, the problem is present since day 1 i think...Picked up near Toronto here in Canada.
After i discovered it i wanted to make sure its not my ears that are ringing on their own, i downloaded this sound spectrum analyzer app on my phone and DID see big spikes around 8k and 11k Hz point, when i put the phone near the idrive screen or the small AC control screen.

So, i took it back to the dealership, they looked at it and this is what they told me:
1, Another customer also reported this.
2, they sat into a demo x5 and noticed the same noise.
3, so they checked it out and believe this noise is from a tiny cooling fan within the front dash body, and this is NORMAL. so they told me "i guess you will have to live with it".

Well, i tried to live with it...but i couldn't. Not only it is mentally bugging me, but also it is kinda hurting my ears after a short road trip...

So i called BMW customer service and they say they will talk to the dealership to find out what they can do.

I came from Mercedes because i heard many good things about X5/X6 lol but if this is what i get for 100 grand CAD ...that would suck.

Will update when i hear from the customer service...if they actually do anything about this.
Oh please update cause mine has the noise too. The GF can't hear it, but it drives me nuts.
Appreciate 0