05-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
J.P.
Close to bein Bannned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pussy Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkw15 View Post
Two weeks ago I make the approximately 70 mile roundtrip from where I live to Tischer BMW in Silver Spring. I meet with the internet sales manager (Manny - really nice guy) and drive two cars - an '06 330 and '06 325i. At the end of the test drive I decided on the 325 because it was exactly what I wanted in terms of miles, features, and price. We sat down, negotiated a price with which we were both happy, drew up a purchase order (signed by me and the finance manager) and I went on my way. That was on Wednesday night. The CA and I trade emails and calls on Thursday and Friday and we agree on a delivery date on Monday night after work. On Thursday I head to my credit union to sign papers and pick up the loan check.

Fast forward to Monday: my girlfriend and I make the ride up to the dealer after work. Rush hour + rain + 495 = a terrible drive. Nonetheless, we show up and the car is outside and ready to go. I walk in, the manual and keys are there on the desk ready to go. I sit down start to sign the requisite paperwork and after about 20 minutes the finance manager comes over to the desk. He says "I'm sorry, but the price we agreed to was only good until the end of the month. Now that we're in May, the price is actually $1100 more." Basically, he told me that in order to take the car home that day I would have to pony up the money so the dealer didn't take a 'loss'. I was stunned. Needless to say, I just left without taking delivery of the car. The day after I spoke with the used sales manager at the dealership and they admitted they made a mistake and said they would split the difference with me. Again, I couldn't believe my ears!

And the kicker on the entire thing is that I looked on the Tischer website today and the car that I wanted to buy is actually listed for $7 LESS than the price that we originally agreed to. Amazing.

The whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth with Tischer. I'll never (attempt) to buy another car from them or any of their affiliated dealerships again. The whole thing was a waste of my time, energy and money.

With the market the way that it is and literally hundreds of preowned BMW's on autotrader and within 75 miles of my area, I'll just take my money elsewhere.
wow, that last part about the car now being $7 less, is a douche move..
usually when a cars sitting in a lot, the price goes down not up..
typical slime ball salesmen technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexye92 View Post
JERRYS MOM= BEST HEAD OF MY LIFE
Appreciate 0