View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #292
mbhammer
Hammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Jason , thanks for posting these. Drunk on all the eye candy!

Couple personal OPINIONS, i.e. no need to flame me:

1. The M50d pictured is wrapped in Carbon Black. Sorry, just doesn't look right, to my eye. Perhaps I've seen too many AW and MW examples. Mineral White in particular does a fantastic job of highlighting the new, appealing, aggressive character lines. I ordered MW. (For the record, Carbon Black might just be my very favorite BMW color choice, the difficulty of keeping it clean notwithstanding. Think it makes sedans and coupes scream awesome. Just think it doesn't look right on an X vehicle, but that's me.)

2. The 40i xDrive pictured features 4KT Brown-Anthracite Matte Trim, paired with Black Vernasca... and I LOVE it. That's what I ordered, and it appears to hit the authentic, sophisticated vibe I'm trying to hit.

3. The pictured examples feature 741M and 744 21" wheels. The straight-on side views confirm what I don't like about these options: the spokes makes even the M-Sport calipers and discs look small, especially on the rears. They make visible too much space around the discs, to my eye. Part of the reason I stayed with the 740M 20" wheels with ZMP.

4. I'm expecting that the oft-maligned large kidneys will in fact be in perfect proportion with the balance of the aggressive front end.

I generally do not offer personal opinions on these forums, since I respect that each person has different preferences. And there's no right/wrong, good/bad, true/false when it comes to these subjective things. But for whatever reason, felt compelled to offer my $0.02 in this case.

Last edited by mbhammer; 10-10-2018 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
Auricom4349.50
Jason40323.50