View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #11
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterburns View Post
Get one of the new Land Rover Discovery’s. They are very luxurious but still off road monsters. Velars are very different than the Disco’s.

Problem solved.
A very good off-roader for sure. That one is capable of a lot. Not as great as some of its predecessors but in today’s off-road company, represents well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustMD View Post
The problem starts after buying a Land Rover haha. Their reliability rating is one of the lowest among luxury cars. My UK friend who is a traveling photographer said people complain about them breaking down often.
Yup. Can’t argue that. Most Rover owners will acknowledge poor reliability... but they value the over engineered ability to go almost anywhere... Trade offs....

It sounds like the X5 will handle what you would throw at it. Don’t get me wrong, these trucks can put in some hard labor, more so than most would think. My E70 has not seen lite use. I don’t take it off road but I do expect it to tow and haul a lot. I do expect it to be fun as hell to drive. The 2019 X5 is a pretty interesting example with regard to range... based on what I’ve seen, it can hold its own off pavement and is among the best on pavement. Pretty respectable.
Appreciate 0