Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW168 View Post
Wow, this would be so helpful in picking options !

thank you very much for posting !!

Agreed - I'm reading some of the details on the various suspensions and brakes and may have rethought a few things... Not sure I'd change my order, but I might have thought harder about some other options.

In the powertrain and chassis document, the section on brakes makes me wonder what the real difference is between some of the brake configurations... Some brake calipers look like the only difference is blue paint?

In that same document, the sections on the off-road and air suspension functions are very detailed and provide a lot of information about the various suspension setups that would have been helpful to know prior to purchasing.

BMW's challenge is in communicating the massive amount of technology and capability they pack into these cars. The CA's ability to understand, recall and correctly communicate it... too much gets lost.

I'm not knocking the CAs. Take the X5 and then add the entire lineup of BMW's products and the constantly changing nomenclature that refers to the same capability... and then the new technologies... it's just not realistic.
The brake differences are bigger rotors and larger calipers which can be seen in the little notes.

Edit: The only difference between the DHP and regular M suspension seems to be the anti roll bars (not counting the IAS) which is disappointing. You're basically paying $3600 for IAS + anti roll bars unless I'm missing something.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0