Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
A much better example with same area....led and laser (this was specially set for demo....otherwise it is LED only until over 45 mph).

BMW on left LED (first pic) and BMW with Lasers on right.
I need to revisit the high beam/laser lights again tonight! On another thread i posted, my high beam was so bright i thought my laser kicked on! its similar to the photos you provide, but I wasnt going 37mph. i swear it lid up the dark street. I was driving alone, so didnt want to try to take pics.
In previous years it was 45mph and I had read nothing that made me think it changed in the USA. But who knows. I was going to retrofit a set last year into a USA F30 335i but after seeing the BMW video from which I made the screenshots, combined with them only working over 45mph, I decided it was too expensive to experiment with for the results considering the used prices on eBay.

Obviously the price has now dropped considerably and ordering on a new car may now make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
A much better example with same area....led and laser (this was specially set for demo....otherwise it is LED only until over 45 mph).

BMW on left LED (first pic) and BMW with Lasers on right.
37mph actually, and my point was to show the actual path of light nothing more. Where are you guys getting this craziness from about my post? I never intended for it to show their true potential only that yes they work and go further in a more direct manner

Rest of world is 45mph according to BMW Video on the lights. Not saying you are incorrect, but what is your source out of curiosity?

Thanks.
Appreciate 1