Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Laser Lights US in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMon View Post
So explain something to me. I have a US spec 2016 F80 with car and LED lights coded to euro standards. They are awesome. The single best feature. I think they add a huge level of safety at night. Basically driving with great high beams with holes poked on other cars not to blind them.

So if I get a new BMW such as an M5 with laser lights and do no coding, How would that compare with my 2016 F80 with coded LED?
The F90 M5 doesn't have a laser light option so no you can't. The next generation M5 will in a few years. No one can come US laser lights yet unfortunately. I hope they get approved for full functionality soon. In their current form, laser lights still make a huge difference in normal usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Rest of world is 45mph according to BMW Video on the lights. Not saying you are incorrect, but what is your source out of curiosity?

Thanks.

I don't think that is correct. Everything we have seen says the laser lights for the X5 kick on at 37 mph.

From the manual:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
Quote:
A much better example with same area....led and laser (this was specially set for demo....otherwise it is LED only until over 45 mph).

BMW on left LED (first pic) and BMW with Lasers on right.
I need to revisit the high beam/laser lights again tonight! On another thread i posted, my high beam was so bright i thought my laser kicked on! its similar to the photos you provide, but I wasnt going 37mph. i swear it lid up the dark street. I was driving alone, so didnt want to try to take pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
A much better example with same area....led and laser (this was specially set for demo....otherwise it is LED only until over 45 mph).

BMW on left LED (first pic) and BMW with Lasers on right.
37mph actually, and my point was to show the actual path of light nothing more. Where are you guys getting this craziness from about my post? I never intended for it to show their true potential only that yes they work and go further in a more direct manner

Rest of world is 45mph according to BMW Video on the lights. Not saying you are incorrect, but what is your source out of curiosity?

Thanks.

see what someone else posted above. It's definitely 37mph ,you can see the difference.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0