View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #85
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

See the bold for my understanding of what you are asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
I still can't believe I, like most of us, are confused in every way possible here.

My last nugget of confusion is this. Are the following statements true?

In EUROPE and THE WORLD Laserlight IS THE low beams and also the high beams (with LEDs being the DRLs on Laserlight package cars) . So you get in your car and Laserlight comes on with the low beams being turn on. This is false. Laser lights are only ever used for high beams no matter where.

In the USA where Laser is illegal...Laserlight is never the low beam function and Laserlight is ONLY a supplementary back up for the automatic high beams above 37mph. So you get it your car and led low beams turn on. Then when you hit speeds above 37mph depending on conditions Laserlight ONLY turns on with the high beams turning on. Laser lights are legal in the US. What has not been approved yet is the anti-dazzle feature. The public comment on that ended in December so hopefully soon that feature will be allowed. Laser lights are used in addition to LEDs in high beam over 37mph

Lending to the confusion is the fixtures themselves.
Assuming the laser function on Laserlight fixtures is not a coded feature and a physical part inside the housing there must be like three fixtures for the G05 X5:
1. The LED Fixtures (WORLD/USA),
2. The LED-Low Beam/Laserlight-High Beam fixture (USA),
3. The Laserlight Low Beam/High Beam fixture (EUROPE/WORLD)

From what has been reported here there are three fixtures but not the ones you mentioned. 1. LED Fixtures, no cornering lights. (US and Canada?). 2. LED fixtures with cornering lights. (Australia, UK and Europe?) 3. Laser Lights (Worldwide)
Appreciate 0